Louise's Bog Blog

A Blog from the West of Ireland. Great links to other sites - phobias, music, food, film! Get involved! Vent your spleen!

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Shooting Criminals - criminal?

In the news yesterday I was so pleased to hear that the Gardai had foiled the plot of an armed gang to rob a post office. Then I heard that they had shot two of the raiders. One died at the scene and one died some time later in hospital. I didn't much care. I think that I'm a fairly caring person, but when someone uses violence, they should expect to reap what they sow! I listened to the radio and heard that most people seemed to agree.

Later on the evening news the reports were questioning the Gardai's methods and local people were saying that they should have been warned. One woman said that they could have pretended like it was a gas leak or something! Cop yourself on love! Like the robbers wouldn't have got wind of people being evacuated and taken the hint! The whole point was to catch the scum bags, not to warn them!

As as to two of them losing their lives, so what? I personally don't think that life is cheap, but these robbers and others that seem to run around the country with impunity, obviously do. Well lets see how cheap they think life is now! There's always those who will start spoutg on about human rights, etc. But they never stop to think about the human rights of those who lose their lives whilst in pursuit of their law abiding jobs. I was personally robbed at knife point in a post office back in 1997 in Dublin, so I'll tell you now, if an armed Garda had been hand and had shot one or more of these scum bags, I wouldn't have lost any sleep. As it was I lost a lot of sleep knowing that they were still at large in the city.

I personally would like to shake the hands of those courageous Gardai who were involved in the sting operation and tell them to keep up the good work. They put their lives at risk each time they partake in one of these operations. They deserve a medal, not vilification.

The law seems to have lost its teeth in recent years and its good to see it getting some of them back...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Louise. I was looking for ovarian cancer symptoms related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a ovarian cancer symptoms site. It covers everything about ovarian cancer concerns, warning signs, ovarian cancer treatment and breast cancer awareness. You'll find it very informative. Check it out when you can :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home